Tue, 10 Jan 2012
The fuloong experiments continue:
- The 1gb memory upgrade arrived from crucial today. Will see how this affects performance.
- DVI output seems to be working in X now, but bizarrely the video quality is much worse than VGA. Colours are wrong, and large areas of colour appeear to be "moving".
- Perl builds nicely and passes tests :)
- X is faster in 16 bit colour mode, but I'm wondering if that's related to my DVI problems.
- Firefox is by far the slowest application I've tried so far.